Sunday, January 3, 2016

BLOG N˚12 | Holiday Project Update



1. It is important to consistently work on your senior project, whether it is break or we are at school. What did you do over the break with your senior project?

For almost the whole break, I was out of town so I wasn't able to attend mentorship at all this break! So while I was on the airplane, I listened to a podcast relating to my topic. The podcasts are by different medical teams around the nation who talk about various innovations in the field of patient care.

2. What was the most important thing you learned from what you did and why? What was the source of what you learned?

I've gathered a lot more information about modern technology in the medical field and how to effectively deliver patient-centered care. It was much like doing research checks at school, except in the form of a podcast. One consistent thing that is prevalent in every research article I've read or every podcast I listened to was that in order to deliver effective patient care and establish a physician-patient relationship, there has to be constant and effective communication between the medical team and the patient.

3. Your third interview will be a ten question interview related to possible answers for your EQ. What do you plan to talk to and why?

I am hoping to interview ANY of the nurses at my station. Although it would be ideal to interview the physicians who frequent at the labor and delivery department, they are all incredibly busy. Also, I work closer with the nurses than the physicians themselves, and these nurses vary from different educational backgrounds and ages and experiences. Although, I will have to find out which nurse won't be busy to interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment