Thursday, September 17, 2015

Blog N˚5 | Interview N˚1 Reflection


1. What is the most important thing I learned from the interview?  Is there anything I would do differently for other interviews?

The most important thing I've learned from the interview is that both communication and patience plays a vital role when it comes to effective patient care. Reginald talked about his experiences with working with difficult patients and the methods he would apply to still deliver the care that they need. From listening to Reginald's experiences, he would emphasized how over time, he realized patience is especially a huge factor in doing his job as the patients all come from different backgrounds and have different needs and at times, some patients are just more demanding than others. 

Next time, I plan to have a more personalized interview asking about specific stories and examples. Although Reginald talked about his experiences in patient care, he never went into detail in storytelling. This would give the interview a more personalized feel.

2. Did I get additional resources and contacts?  What is the most useful?  Why?

The additional contacts I obtained from this interview were some of the doctors that also work with Reginald in the emergency department. What makes it interesting is that a lot of the doctors Reginald works with varies with ages and backgrounds, which would give different perspectives and viewpoints in future interviews.

3. What makes my interviewee qualified to help me? 

Reginald Doctor has been a registered nurse in the emergency room department for about 25 years now and still working up to today. He was also my summer mentor.

No comments:

Post a Comment